25th September 2019,
St. Peter's Church, Vere Street, London W1G 0DQGet directions
A four-day intensive to refresh and resource you for impact right where you are.
Can you imagine it? Living courageously for Christ amid the complexities of our times – right where you are? As followers of Jesus in the UK today we’re called to live as people with a distinct story in a culture that, in the main, doesn’t know, believe, or even necessarily care about it. How then shall we live joyfully for Christ in the UK today, amongst the people we talk with, work with, live with, relax with, and care for day-by-day?
Join the LICC team in London for an inspiring four-day intensive course in September to:
- Expand your imagination for the scope of God’s purposes for you in today’s world
- Deepen your understanding of the cultural dynamics shaping your daily context
- Enhance your ability to bring insight and wisdom to bear on the organisations you’re in, the people you’re with, and the conversations you have
- Sharpen your skills, enrich your devotional practices, and develop your own framework for courageous engagement and long-term impact
Reimagine is an inspiring and creative combination of interactive seminars, small group discussions, practical exercises, and reflections that will develop your skills in biblical, cultural, and spiritual engagement for your own context. The programme will include:
- Biblical foundations for a ‘whole-life gospel’
- Cultural drivers in the UK today
- Diagnosing and responding to culture in your own context
- Reading the Bible with fresh eyes for your context
- Biblical wisdom and everyday conversations
- Developing spiritual disciplines
- Practical skill-based exercises around shopping, book-reading, film-watching
- An evening with Canadian philosopher, James KA Smith
- And more…
The programme is orientated around helping you reflect on and apply what you’re learning for your own frontline context and catalyse a fresh engagement with God and his rich purposes in his world.
Who is it for?
Reimagine is for people wanting to grow in maturity and in mission for the contexts in which God has placed them. You might be a working person discovering God’s purposes for you in that context, or reimagining your engagement with the community where you live, whether in friendship groups, over food, through sport, or in similar family life stages. Whatever your context, you’ll sense there’s joy to embrace in learning to live fruitfully for Christ wherever you are. You’re prepared to invest in your own formation for the sake of others.
What you need to know
The intensive will be hosted by LICC’s Tracy Cotterell (Managing Director – Mission) and Mark Greene (Executive Director) and runs from 10am on Wednesday 25th September to 4.30pm on Saturday 28th September in St Peter’s, Vere Street, London.
The cost is £195 which includes all sessions, materials, and lunches. It also includes an evening meal on the Wednesday and Friday and entry to Thursday evening’s event with James K A Smith. Delegates will need to make their own arrangements for accommodation. If cost is a barrier to you joining the course, do get in touch with us – we’d be happy to discuss this with you.
How to apply
Places are limited so please apply using the form below. If you have any questions about the course, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on 31st July 2019.